Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Bunny Nail Tutorial

Hey guys! A few of you have seen my easter bunny nails and asked for a tutorial. Since this is the first tutorial that I've done, I am a little nervous to share with you! I left the edges messy because I dont clean them until the very end! (also my nail shape is terrible - I just removed acrylics. YUCK)


1. Paint your nails with a base color. I think lighter pastels look lovely for easter so I used the color Lacey Lilac by Sally Hansen. Again, sorry for the messy edges - Im lazy.

2. Once the base color is dry - paint a semi circle or half moon shape onto the tips of your nails. I wanted a little white bunny so I used the color Cotton by American Apparel. The picture below will depict what it should look like so far.

3. Next up is the rabbit ears. Take a small nail art brush - or if you are without that - use a regular polish brush - and make one line on each side of the half moon. I started near my cuticle and did one drag down on each side. I think the inconsistency makes each bunny unique and adorable! You should have something like the photo below when done.

4. To make the eyes and nose of the rabbit - you will need a dotting tool. or tooth pick. or bobby pin. Whatever you can find that will allow you to make a teeny tiny dot onto the nail. Three dots on each half moon in a triangle formation will allow you to end up with something similar to the photo below. 


5. To define the ears - I took a small nail art brush and make a straight line down the center of each "rabbit ear" - again you will end up with something like the picture below.

6. Now to make the whiskers, I took a small nail art brush and make 2 lines in a V formation right below the nose. Look below for further instruction!

7. CLEAN YOUR EDGES. make better life choices that me and use a brush to run acetone around the edges of your mani and clean the edges. Use a top coat to smooth everything out and you should be ready to go!


Dont forget to send us photos if you try this! xx - Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment