Thursday, August 04, 2011

Bad News Baby - Josiah Lemming (feather nails!)

Hey kids! smeee again, Summer. I have for youuuu a FEATHER NAIL TUTORIAL!!!!!

uhm, HELLERRRRRR - do u SEEE this mani? IN LOVE. Its a total feather mani - I saw this on tumblr and decided that I should try.
Not to Toot my own horn or anything, but i like mine BETTER than that one. (toot toot) But maybe thats because its my mani. hahaha...
This is everything that I used for the mani. I bought the pack of feathers at hobby lobby for like... 1.49 and it was enough for 50 manis. Im not sure what color club color this is.. but its basically my new favsies. its my perfect nude polish. ANYWAY.. here is how I did this mani
  • Paint every nail with your base color.
  • WHILE the polish is still tacky - take the feather and lay it down gently onto the nail, and easily press the sides down so that the feather is laying completely flat. leave the extra hanging over the edge. Repeat on all nails
  • Let dry, then trim the extra feather off of your nails. If any extra strands of feathers are loose, dont worry.. we will hold those down in a sec!
  • After trimming all the excess feather - paint a clear coat over your nails - I used a thick coat of sally hansen hard as nails (yes i know this is a hardener - but it makes my nails super shiny)
  • Take a Fast drying top coat and put it on top to seal everything in (optional) I used color club 0-60 top coat because its my faveee

Here is a close up of the thumb - It just looks so perfect. I loooveeeee it. Im probably gonna do this again for Nashville Fashion Week this year..
SO pretty I cant even look at it. omg.
Yeah this is a weird angle.... but i just cant stop looking at my fingers! loveeeeeee


xoxo - Summer

15 comments:

  1. This is super cute. Want to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AMAZING! Yours is totally better, I agree with you. I am going to have to stop at a craft store and get some feathers. Wow. Now I can't stop looking at your nails either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLERRRR! This is such a cute mani and I love the leopard print feathers that you used, super cute! Thanks for the tutorial (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that?! I'm not brave enough to try this yet. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! U guys should totally do it! And link me back so we can do an awesome fan post! I LOVE when people do things they like from our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is so cool! Definitely need to buy some feathers to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha thanks guys! YOU all are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure I like this one best too! ;D I want to go get some feathers now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!! they have all kinds. even peacock feathers which is what i wanna try next!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have good taste. I like your blog and so I'll follow your blog.

    http://unascolores.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to try the feather mani! This looks gorgeous! You did a fabulous job! Come check my blog out! :)

    ReplyDelete