Monday, February 24, 2014

7 MAC Lipsticks Duped by Wet-N-Wild


Have you ever visited the MAC makeup counter just to look at all the pretty lipstick colors only to leave feeling sad because you can't buy ALL THE COLORS?!!! ME TOO. So I am on a mission to save us all from that feeling! I have thrown together a list of the B E S T dupes that will save you TONS of money.


Below is a list of 7 MAC lipsticks that have been duped by Wet-N-Wild, who is quickly becoming my favorite lipstick brand.  All of the MAC lipsticks listed are between $15.00 and $18.00. The drugstore dupes by Wet-N-Wild come in at $1.99 each. CAN YOU BEAT THAT?? No. You could buy every WNW lippie on this list and it would still cost less than ONE of the MAC lippies.

More after the cut!


MAC: Rebel VS Wet-N-Wild: Sugar Plum Fairy

Lets start with my favorite. These shades are a deep, rich purple that look so so so good on just about anyone. This dupe is ALMOST exact. The main differences are that Rebel is a satin finish while Sugar Plum Fairy is matte. But SPF isn't very drying like some mattes. SPF also fades evenly through out the day and leaves an awesome stain on your lips.  If you have wanted to try out a plum lip color without spending a TON for a MAC, you should definitely pick up SPF.


MAC: Diva VS Wet-N-Wild: Cherry Bomb
THIS COLOR. ugh, this color is SO perfect. Next to Sugar Plum Fairy from above, I probably wear this color the most. It's SO good for fall. These lipsticks are a dark shade of burgundy that is good on almost all skin tones. This is an EXACT dupe. Both are matte and long lasting. Cherry Bomb is a bit more drying than MAC's Diva, but add a swipe of lip balm and Cherry Bomb will last ALL DAY. This is a dupe you should definitely pick up.


MAC: Cyber VS Wet-N-Wild: Vamp It Up
Ahhhh Vamp It Up and Cyber. These shades are for the more brave souls. These lipsticks are a dark, blackened purple. Again, this dupe is EXACT. I own this dupe and wear it when I wanna feel all vampy. PLUSSS it makes my teeth look hella white, which is always the goal. MAC's Cyber is a satin and Vamp It Up is a matte but despite that, neither is drying. Vamp It Up is long lasting and puurrrrfect for fall. So if you're feeling bold, you gotta get this.


MAC: Honeylove VS Wet-N-Wild: Bare It All
Alright, This is a more tame shade for those of you who dont like statement lips. These babes are a rose toned beige. MAC's Honeylove and WNW Bare It All are both matte. This was actually the first shade of Wet-N-Wild lipstick that I bought. Bare It All is a bit more matte but it lasts longer than Honeylove in my opinion. These are great if you want a nude lip for spring, but be careful.. both of these can turn into concealer lip in a hurry. Trust me, you dont want that.


MAC: Ruby Woo VS Wet-N-Wild: Stoplight Red
This matchup has to be one of my all time fav MAC dupes. Ruby Woo and Stoplight Red are both very intense blue based Reds. This shade is BOLD on anyone and definitely makes a statement. Both are matte, however MAC's Ruby Woo is WAYYYY more matte than Stoplight Red but that is the only difference. It's still an EXACT dupe. TIP: I add a NYX soft matte lip cream in Monte Carlo UNDER Stoplight Red and it makes it just about as matte as Ruby Woo so its an even closer dupe! If you dont own this, you need to.


MAC: Pink Nouveau VS Wet-N-Wild: Dollhouse Pink
This should also be filed under "dupes for spring" because both lipsticks are a VIBRANT bright pink. This is also an EXACT dupe. This shade looks great on those of you who are lucky enough to have tan or olive skin (unlike me, ugh) Doll House Pink by WNW is matte, but applies easily. It can be a bit drying, so I apply a lip balm over it when I wear it. Def worth picking up.



MAC: Viva Glam (Nicki) VS Wet-N-Wild: Pinkerbell
I KNOWWWW I have said this about almost EVERY dupe in this article, but this one is SRSLY so awesome, it's hard not to say that it's my favorite. These lippies are vibrant shades of bright pink. These look good on just about everyone and are SO good for summer time. MAC's viva glam (nicki) is buttery smooth to apply and lasts all day... but guess what... so does Pinkerbell. Yep, wet-n-wild makes another EXACT dupe. So if you are a doing the whole beauty on a budget thing, this is definitely something you should add to your collection.



These are my most favorite MAC dupes by Wet-N-Wild. I have a few more up my sleeve so if you all are interested in seeing them, let us know. What dupes have YOU guys discovered? Tell us in the comments below!

xx - Summer


3 comments:

  1. I agree with all except Dollhouse Pink being a dupe for Pink Nouveau. I think that's a typo. These are very different pinks, I have them both right here in front of me. Pink Nouveau, compared to DHP, is a reddy medium pink. DHP is a fluorescent milky fuschia. They do say that DHP is a dupe for or is similar to MAC Saint Germain, so maybe that's what you meant? I'm waiting for Pinkerbell to arrive in the mail, I had to order it from Amazon (of all places) because NONE of my local stores carry the darn thing! That's like the most beautiful color Wet N Wild could ever sell; so why is it so hard to find?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hm, when i compared them on skin, over a white base color (i like using a white primer because it makes the color pop haha) they were V. similar. i could be wrong. ill try without a primer.. ive noticed several other bloggers agree that the dupe is very close. check out this post for a side by side swatch comparison. http://dimeonadime.com/web/2012/03/dupity-doo-dupe-for-macs-pink-noveau-lipstick/

      Delete
  2. YES! please share more of your dupes! New follower here, somehow I wandered here from pintrest which started out as sewing tutorials? lol

    ReplyDelete