Sunday, November 03, 2013

Afraid - The Neighbourhood


Hey guys! Hope you all had a spooooky Halloween! Summer and I teamed up to show y'all our Halloween looks. We have a sweet Minnie Mouse look and a dramatic vampire look! Both ends of the spectrum are covered :)





Summer:


Until this year, I hadn't dressed up for Halloween in...2 years, but since my job was having a Halloween party, I wanted to give it a shot! I didn't really want to spend money on a costume that I would only wear once. So, I decided I would use what I already had (read: LOTS of makeup and black clothes).

I started out by applying foundation and powder in a shade that is two colors lighter than I normally wear. Then, I applied my Nyx Pro Shadow Base (which I love) all over my lid and under my eye, as well. I went with a dark smokey eye for my lid. For the under eye I started by blending a taupe and dusky purple shadow together and applying it liberally under my eye. After that, I took navy shadow and blended out starting from my lower lashes. I finished with lining my lashes with a black shadow and applying black eyeliner and using TONS of mascara. I didn't want to fool with falsies at work but you could use those to vamp up this look as well.

For my lips, I did an ombre with red and black. The red that I used is called Merlot and is by Nyx. It's the perfect blood color and since I was a vampire it worked out amazingly. For the black lipstick I used Fergie by Wet N Wild in the color Pagan Angel.

I love the way this turned out and I honestly may start wearing it with normal day to day makeup. This look withstood 16 hours of wear!

How did I do for cheap and easy costume? I loved it!

Alexis:

Since 2011, I've been a different Katy Perry for each Halloween. 2011: California Gurls Katy. 2012: Thinking of You Pin Up Katy. 2013: Minnie Mouse Katy!

I was hosting a party so I didn't have too much time to get ready. So, I wanted my costume to be quick, easy and cheap! I bought an expensive costume in 2010 and I will never make that mistake again! Assembling your own costume is the way to go. 
Since Katy was my inspiration - for my outfit, I bought a Minnie Mouse sweatshirt from Forever 21 for $22. It's super cute and I can wear it again on an average day. If you're wanting to be a character for Halloween next year, I definitely recommend searching around Forever 21! They have tons of cute cartoon shirts you could amp up and use as a costume...and place it right back in your everyday closet after. I can't wait to wear this sweatshirt again and pair it with a leather jacket and some funky red pants! For my party, I paired it with glittery-black skinny jeans from Express. For my ears, I bought a pair on Amazon for about $10. I already had an Amazon gift card - so technically, that purchase was free! For my makeup, I did my normal routine with a few small changes.

  • Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW15, MAC Studio Fix Powder in N5. 
  • Concealer: MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW15. I applied an increased amount under my eyes, on my nose, chin and part of my forehead to highlight my face. I definitely focused on the area under my eye to help out with that Kardashian contour that I love. 
  • Highlight & Contour: NARS Albatross and NARS Laguna. I definitely amped up my contour and highlight. Albatross added a nice shimmer over my Studio Finish concealer. I use these two products every day - a less amount, of course - and I love them. 
  • Lips: I used a MAC matte lipstick in Ruby Woo. I decided to skip the gloss this time. I am head over heels in love with this color. It is hands down one of my favorite red's out there. A staple in every beauty bag! 
  • Eyes: I used various colors from my Naked palette for my eyeshadow. I used my adored MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack for my eyeliner and to help fill in thin spots on my brows. I applied a cat eye, which I wear daily, but I added a little more volume for this costume to accentuate my lashes. Lastly, I used Benefit High Brow underneath my brows and also to tight line my lower waterline. 
  • Lashes: Benefit They're Real! for my mascara. I am obsessed. Seriously, check it out. Then, I used Eyelure's Cool Kitty fake Lashes from Katy Perry's line. My favorite fake lashes of all time! 
My Mickey was my little puppy, Bentley!

She's going to kill me for posting this, but I thought my mom's costume was awesome! She bought onesie pajamas at Target and paired it with some Kitty ears! We bought some cheap eye decals from Walmart and I thought the outcome was so great! 


Lastly, I want to give a special shoutout to Cassandra at On Wednesdays We Wear Polish! She sent in some awesome Halloween mani pictures! Be sure to check out her blog and like her page on Facebook. Thanks, Cassandra! 



3 comments: