Sunday, May 26, 2013

Something To Believe In - Parachute

I know it's been a while since I have posted and this will be the last time I make one of these apologetic opening statements. I graduated from college two weeks ago and I finally have free time at home to work on the blog. I have been documenting makeup and looks over all of this time so I definitely have some catching up to do.

About a month ago, I went to a Parachute and Andy Grammer concert on my campus. It was such a great show and I was so excited to have them come to my school!

For this look, I used some clothes in the back of my closet for a surprisingly chilly and rainy day. My makeup look included a clean cat-eye with an overall natural finish.


"Cool Kitty" Lashes
I naturally have thick and long lashes but my recent obsession lately has been fake lashes. I have tried and tried again but never have seemed to get them to stick or apply correctly. I tried brand after brand and technique after technique. But earlier this year, I gave Katy Perry's eyelure lash line a try! I am absolutely impressed. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about it. I have tried the Cool Kitty, Oh Honey, and Sweetie Pie lashes. Oh Honey is great for a dramatic day. Sweetie Pie is great for a more natural day and Cook Kitty is perfect for a day in between.

"Oh Honey" Lashes
Out of the three, Cool Kitty is definitely my favorite and I use them the most. The best tip for applying these lashes is to apply the glue and wait 20-30 seconds for the glue to become tacky before applying it to your lash line. After applied, I use a small liner brush to press the lashes as close to my lash line as possible. Depending on how it looks, I'll go back with some gel liner to define any eyeliner I have on my top lid. Sometimes I'll even use my fingers to press my natural lashes with the fake ones.



Overall, I highly recommend these lashes. What about you? Have you tried out this line? Is there any other brand out there that I should try? What are your best tips for applying fake lashes?

In the past, Groupie Glam hasn't really highlighted outfits and fashion except for an occasional costume attire. I've been really into the "ootd" hashtag on instagram. So, I would love to start posting my ootd's if you all would be interested in that!

For this outfit, I dug deep into my closet for some things I haven't worn in awhile. Two pieces are actually from a shopping trip in London and Dublin. A long-sleeved dress paired with some tights and a scarf suited the weather for my walk on campus. Brown leather shoes and a belt really helped accent the entire look!

Makeup

Foundation: Mac Studio Fix Fluid NW15 and Mac Studio Fix Powder N5
Eyeshadow: "Virgin," "Darkhorse" and "Sin" from the NAKED Urban Decay Pallette
Eyeliner: Mac Fluidline "Blacktrack"
Eyelashes: Cool Kitty by Eyelure
Lip: "Simmer" Lancome Juicy Tubes

Outfit

Dress: Forever 21 in Dublin, Ireland
Shoes: Primark in London, England
Belt: Macy's
Tights: Belk
Scarf: Old Navy


I hope you all have a lovely Memorial Day, tomorrow. Thank you to all of our troops who have protected us and continue to protect us every single day. Your service is never forgotten and always appreciated.
Parachute










1 comment:

  1. Seriously love this look and wish I had made it to the show!

    ReplyDelete