Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hey everyone! Welcome to our new blog - Groupie Glam! 

My name is Alexis! I'm 19 years old and I am a college student. I am studying Communications, Public Relations, and Journalism. I hope to work in the music industry when I graduate from college. I am a musician, but my ultimate goal is to open my own record label.

If you want to get a sense of who I am as a person, then there's one word to associate with me...MUSIC! I love listening to music, writing music, and playing music. My favorite thing to do is go to concerts. I have been to way too many to count! My absolute favorite band is Hanson. I've been a fan since 1997! I was five years old when I first heard "Mmmbop" that summer. They are the first music I fell in love with. I also adore David Archuleta. I am a big American Idol fan and he is definitely my favorite Idol! He has so much talent and he is the nicest person you will ever meet! I love artists who inspire me! Other artists I adore are Michael Jackson, Katy Perry, Josiah Leming, Maroon 5, Kris Allen, John Mayer, Dave Barnes, Marc Broussard....too many to name! I love all types of music :)

Not only do I adore music, I love makeup. I first started wearing makeup when I was 13 years old. My mom took me to an in-store event at the MAC Counter at Belk. They did my makeup for me and I was hooked from that moment on. I've branched out from MAC since then, but it is still my favorite makeup brand to this day. I love doing my makeup. I love doing other people's makeup. I just love makeup in general! Its another way to express myself, besides music :) 

In this blog, I'm going to review makeup and any other fashion trends that catch my eye! I love experimenting with my makeup and I love buying new things. I'm always giving away tips, tricks, reviews to my friends. So, I may as well blog it all here.

I love to write, as you can tell! So, I think I will end it here. I'm excited to start this blog with Summer. We both love Hanson and concerts. We both love fashion and makeup. This blog is going to be really fun and I hope you all have fun reading it as much as we will have fun posting!

Have a beautiful day! Xo

2 comments: