Monday, January 31, 2011

Animals - by Josiah Lemming :)


The nails that I chose for my first post on groupie glam are basically my signature nail, they are SO easy and every time I paint them like this I get TONS! of great feedback. I first got the inspiration for these after looking at my friends shoulder bag. It was zebra of course, and I had just picked up this great nail art polish for a dollar on sale at sally's. Nail art polishes typically have a very thin brush and make precision lines a lot easier. Anyway, I rushed home from being at work and decided I HAD to try to make my vision a reality haha :)

First things first, choose your 'main color.' I chose my main color. In this case it was a great color I had picked up at Hot Topic a few weeks before that had some sparkle in it. *I'm such a sucker for glitter* The price for the polishes at Hot Topic is usually somewhere around $2.99, which you can't beat.
  • Paint your entire nail the 'main color' that you chose on both hands and let dry completely.

After your nails have dried completely (make sure they aren't still tacky or sticky) then we can begin the next step. The black nail art polish that I used was purchased from sally's. It was on sale, but they always have it. Sometimes they even have glittery ones :)
  • Take the nail art brush and from the sides of your nail make three small lines. I usually try not to make the lines straight because, afterall no zebra has straight stripes.

Repeat on all of your nails, and let dry. Top them with a clear coat for extra shine, and VOILA!


*** Obviously the song chosen to title this post was because its called animals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment