Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Goodies!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season this year.

This year has been wonderful and insanely busy for me. I'm starting a new season of my life in just a few weeks ... I'm moving out on my own! I've been crazily shopping for the perfect pieces of furniture in IKEA and countless vintage thrift shops. Most of my money has been going toward that - so my makeup (and concert) addiction has taken a serious hit! I've been cutting many, many corners. So, I haven't felt like many of my looks or reviews have been worthy of posting.

This Christmas, though, I received some new goodies I've been dying to try. I haven't tried them all yet, but I'm looking forward to trying everything for New Year's Eve.

Here are my Christmas makeup goodies:

Things I asked for  - 
Benefit High Brow Glow
As you know from previous posts, I adore Benefit's High Brow pencil. I've purchased it multiple times. But I never branched out to try the Glow version of this makeup staple. This year I put it on my Christmas list and I'm so glad my mom decided to buy it for me. I tried this first thing on Christmas day. I don't know if I'll say that I love it more than the original high brow. But it's definitely a nice option to have when I'm wanting to add a little more shimmer. . 

NARS Illuminator in Copacabana
I haven't tried this yet, but it was one of the top reviewed I found while researching highlighters! Is this a "must" in your beauty routine?

NARS Virtual Domination Cheek Palette
I saw this on Sephora's website and immediately added it to my list. Too pretty not to, right? So far I've only tried the Miss Liberty Highlighting Blush Powder and Laguna bronzer. A++ in my book. I'm sure I'll love the blushes, too!

Things I didn't ask for - 

I love getting new beauty items that I haven't asked for nor ever heard of. It adds that element of fun to Christmas and it's always a nice surprise ... especially with these four products. LOVE.
Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge
Oh. My. Gosh. This stuff is amazing. That's all I can say. I don't know if I'll ever wear my red lipsticks ever again. Just try it. She also got it from Birchbox. Do any of you subscribe to that? Is it worth it? I'd love to hear some more opinions before I fork over the cash and commitment to feed my beauty addiction.

Tory Burch Rollerball
This is my first Tory Burch product. Ever. My cousin got me hooked on J.Crew and Kate Spade ... now add Tory Burch to the list! This perfume is now my all-time favorite. 

Lush Dragon's Egg Bath Bomb
Alright. I'll admit it. I've never been to Lush before. My best friend and future roommate got me this bath bomb from them. Everyone raves about them so I'm really excited to try this! In my current home, I don't have a bath tub. But in my new home, I do. So props to my bestie for her creativity. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Lush So White Shower Gel
So, I don't have a bathtub. But I do have a shower. So I tried this on Christmas morning. Funny thing is - I ordered this online for my Mom for Christmas based on the reviews. It smells amazzziiinnnggg and my skin feels just as amazing after using it. My mom 100% agrees. I will definitely be visiting and spending too much money in a Lush store very, very soon.

Merry Christmas to me (my gift to myself) - 

And now for the grand finale ...


I sent my dimensions to this etsy seller. So mine will be 40x42 and a white matte color to match my white IKEA dressing table. HUGE. And I am so so so so excited. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to have a huge Hollywood-ish mirror like this. I will definitely post the pictures when I receive the mirror and install it in my new home. Y'all are going to die and obsess over this project when it's done. I'm already obsessed and it's not even here yet.

This new makeup station will definitely inspire more looks and more posts!

Cheers to 2015!

What did you all get for Christmas and the holidays? What did you get for yourself?




1 comment: