Sunday, December 18, 2011

Forget Me Not - The Civil Wars

Hey!

So so so sorry I have been so absent. My life has been crazy busy. I am finally done with finals, though. I'm back to blogging now! I have been so busy with school that I have barely even had time to do my nails. I painted my nails twice maybe in the past 2 months. Time for makeup? Hah...yea, right. How pathetic.

Anyway - both manis turned out somewhat decent (considering I am always a fail with nails. Yet I never give up). I just thought I would stop by and post pictures of both!







I had (and still have) quite the obsession with beige and black. I saw a cute beige wallet online with a black bow - so it inspired these nails! I like the way it turned out. Of course there is room for major improvement. I'm going to work on my bow-art and straight lines. Not bad for a first attempt though with toothpicks and bobby pins.

Up next....




,


I saw something similar online (Pinterest) using straws. It reminded me of the coach logo used on some purses a few years back. Super cute! So I gave it a try with my favorite china glaze pink polishes. There is still room for improvement. But, I think this is a really neat idea and I love the result!

Hope you all are having a marvelous weekend!

Xo Alexis


PS- I saw The Civil Wars in concert this month. Absolutely brilliant! If you ever get the chance to see them live - please go. You won't regret it. If not, be sure to check out some of their music and live videos on YouTube. So impressive! Love them to pieces.


(my favorite shot from the concert)

3 comments:

  1. Love the nails :)

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! :)

    http://katiaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. alexis, i seriously love these. i NEED to try the straw thing. i have never heard of that before!

    ReplyDelete