Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dragon - Tori Amos

Hey guys! Summer, here. 

We recently were contacted about working with a company to post about the year of the dragon, which is part of the chinese astrological calendar. I didn't really know much about it so I decided to check it out and see what it was all about and turns out...it's my sign!

I started reading up about it and found out that it's going to be a good year for me! It determined (by the year I was born) that I am an earth dragon and because this is the year of the black water dragon - I will be receiving some money this year! Haha! I'm not going to question it...just embrace it!

Anyway, Alexis and I decided to do a joint post because the colors were really beautiful. 

We received a few samples to complete the manicure. We used Pure Ice nail polish with a Pure Ice crackle over top. You can purchase these polishes at your local Wal-Mart or Walgreens for around $2.00. You can not beat that. SERIOUSLY. Go get some. 

*I saw on their Facebook page that they have a few other sets, much like this one. Including one with a sapphire polish!! (Our birthstone. Yes, both of ours!) Also a set with a TO-DIE-FOR glitter and black patent leather-esque crackle. 

Are you convinced that you need this in your life yet? Good.


 The set I received even included the cutest little nail file. Love.


-- more after the cut --


For this manicure:

1. I used 2 coats of the gold Pure Ice polish.
2. Let it dry completely.
3. I added a coat of the red crackle. *Remember to use a thin coat. It will crackle better*
4. I topped it all off with a top coat.






Simple! Do you love?

- - - - - - - - -

Hey there! Alexis, here. 

Summer showed me the awesome mani/polishes and I was inspired to make an eyeshadow look to match.




I bought a new 120 Color Palette from BH Cosmetics. I ordered the 120 Color Palette 2nd Edition. I absolutely adore it. I saw this as a perfect opportunity to try out the vibrant reds, golds, and yellows. 


I never thought I would ever be wearing red eye shadow, but I love the way it turned out! It's very unique and is a perfect match with the nail polish.

- - - - - - - - -

We hope you all are having a lovely week. Don't forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!

Email us with any comments or questions! Remember - We have a new email address! We are still receiving emails on the old Gmail account.

Xo, Summer and Alexis

2 comments:

  1. love the colour combo on both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca, I love the red and gold for the Chinese new year!!!

      Delete