Sunday, January 22, 2012

Boston - Augustana

"I think I need a sunrise. I'm tired of the sunset."

Hey everyone! I'm adoring my new palette. I had a bit of time yesterday to try out some new colors before I had to leave the house. I snapped some quick pictures and I'm here to show you how it turned out!

The other night I saw a gorgeous sunset with unique colors. It was the inspiration behind this look. (So cliche, I know. It really was beautiful, though.)











(I took a picture in different lighting. This one came out more purple. The other pictures are more true to what it really looked like.)

I love how it turned out. I kept looking in the mirror at my eyes. Absolutely perfect for those of you who have brown eyes, too. It also was my first time tight-lining my upper water line. I had never tried it before on my upper line. (If you're wondering what this is and its technique, check out the many tutorial videos on Youtube!) I wear contacts - so I try to stay away from doing this. I am obsessed with the way it turned out. I'm going to be doing this much more often. It really did hurt my eyes, unfortunately. I'll just have to keep eye-drops on hand. Practice makes perfect.

I used MAC's fluidline in blacktrack

If you don't want to spend that amount of money, try out Maybelline's Lasting Drama by EyeStudio. I tried it for the first time during Amanda's makeover at the Hanson show. I was really impressed with it and how much it reminded me of MAC's fluidline. I went to Walmart and bought some yesterday for when I run out of fluidline. 

Hope you're all having a great week. I'm off to watch football with my family.
Also, hope you're all getting excited for February!! Tons and tons of new content in store for Groupie Glam!

Xo, Alexis


4 comments:

  1. I honestly clicked over just because Boston is one of my favorite songs! Then I saw these pictures, and WOW, your makeup is awesome! And I love the tightlining effect, I do it every time I do my makeup. It hurts less the more you do it :) Great job on this, it's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite songs, too! I'm going to see them in concert soon. Thank you so much :) Thanks for the reassurance. I'm going to keep practicing and hopefully the pain will go away soon!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! The sunset inspiration is apparent. Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete