Friday, May 06, 2011

Fearless - Taylor Swift

Hey everyone! I recently tried out the CoverGirl NatureLuxe collection and I'm here for a review!

click the cut to read the review below.


Foundation - "Oak"
I got the foundation color "Oak." I usually don't use drugstore makeup because I have really sensitive skin. I break out severely every time I use it. I don't know what made me think this would be different. The ad claims that it's lightweight, so i thought maybe it would make a difference for my sensitive skin. I first applied it with a foundation brush. Using a brush rather than a sponge gives you an airbrushed look. I always use a brush when I apply liquid foundation. I applied it and it really was lightweight. The ad does not lie. It gave me great coverage. The color was a tad too dark for my skin, but it worked. My favorite part about it was the light cucumber smell. It really made my face feel refreshed and like it wasn't on my skin at all. I was really really impressed. I was eager to recommend it to my mother. She also went out and bought it and loved it. She is still using it to this day. I, unfortunately, am not. Within the week my skin started breaking out like crazy, hence why I don't have any pictures to show you. I was really disappointed that my skin, once again, has ruined a good foundation for me. I definitely would have kept buying it and using it. I had to go back to the foundation that my skin loves. Haha. So, in summary, definitely check out this foundation! Everything the ad promises - it does. I was thoroughly impressed. I have recommended it to a few people and they all agree! But, if you do have extremely sensitive skin - Don't bother. If your skin can't stand fragrances or drugstore makeup - do not buy this. It's unfortunate, but you have to buy something that fits your skin and doesn't irritate it! No matter how great it smells or how lightweight it feels!

NatureLuxe Gloss Balm
First of all, i LOVE the gloss balm. It gives you a hint of color that a lipstick would and gives you moisture just like a Chapstick. It is definitely something I would buy again!
"Anemone" 
I have the color "anemone." It is a a coral/red shade. It is really pretty. It's not as bright on your lips as it looks like it would be. I'm not a fan of red shades, but when I'm in the mood for a red look, i will definitely pull this out of my makeup bag!

I apologize for the crappy quality picture. My iPod camera tends to make everything look more orange. :/ I'll try to take some better pictures with my camera later. My camera is unavailable at the moment... so i apologize again. You get a gist of what it looks like from these pictures.

"Hibiscus"
This shade is my absolute FAVORITE. It is the perfect shade for me. It is a light pink color and definitely comes with some shine. It gives me that shiny look that I love whenever I wear lipgloss, but adds moisture just like my Burt's Bees chap stick. I love this color and I wear it every single day. 

Hope you enjoyed the review and try it out for yourselves. If you have or try any of these products - feel free to send in your pictures and reviews! We'll add them in a new post! :)

Xo - Alexis





2 comments:

  1. Wondering if you tried primers? When I started using a primer under foundation it really made a difference for me and toned down any breakouts. Lorac oil-free and the Smashbox ones are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I use moisturizer and primer before applying foundation. Unfortunately, I still broke out like crazy. My skin is a nightmare. :( I use Smashbox now and love it. I'll have to try out the Lorac oil-free! Thanks for the suggestion :) Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete