Monday, May 16, 2011

Gone - Scotty McCreery

Hey everyone! Hope you all have been doing well. This weekend I went to Scotty McCreery's homecoming in Garner, North Carolina! If you don't know, Scotty is a finalist on American Idol. When you make the final 3, you get a hometown visit! I'm super proud of Scotty and so happy he's representing North Carolina. I had a great time there and I am so happy for him! Be sure to watch American Idol this Wednesday on FOX at 8:00p.m. Please vote! I'm hoping he'll bring home the win!

Anyways, I'm here to post the eyeshadow look that I wore that day. This is my favorite eyeshadow look. I wear it almost every single day. I have received so many compliments. I can dress it up with eyeliner, or tone it down for when I'm just running out the door to go to class.






Start off with your moisturizer and primer. That is a MUST for any makeup look! I know I haven't made that clear in the past. 

First, I use CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast Shadow Stick // Purple Plum 810 
I apply the light pink to my entire lid. It helps my other shadows stick and stay on my lid and also gives a light pink tint to the overlapping shadows. You can find this at any drugstore. 

Next, I use Urban Decay Eyeshadow // Midnight Cowboy
This is my FAVORITE eyeshadow. I use it all the time! The color is absolutely gorgeous. I apply this over my lid where I applied the light pink cream. You can find this shadow at any Sephora store.

Next, is the crease. You can use the dark side of the CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast Shadow Stick // Purple Plum 810. 

I apply it with my finger and then just go back with a brush to blend it. Whatever works for you...

OR another option. If I don't have any of that side left, I'll just use whatever dark brown/dark plum color I can find. Here is another color I've used in the past.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow // Twice Baked

I've used this a lot in previous eyeshadow looks. I apply it with a basic eyeshadow brush and then go back with a blending brush to make it smooth. You can use whatever you wish! 

For the highlight under your brow, you can use whatever white/beige color you have. Lately, I've been using Urban Decay Eyeshadow // Polyester Bride
It's the perfect combination between white and beige! Not too bright, so it's perfect for an everyday look! Just apply this underneath your brow. You don't have to do this step but I recommend it. It works the best when you do FIRST before anything else. I've done it as the last step before though, too. It's not that big of a deal if you forget and have to end up doing it last. It happens all the time with me. Haha.

And to dress it up - add your mascara and eyeliner!

My favorite eyeliner:
MAC Fluidline // Blacktrack
Always use an angled brush!

My favorite mascara:
Maybelline The Falsies



Scotty gives it a thumbs up! What about you? ;)

Have a beautiful day - Xo Alexis.









No comments:

Post a Comment