Sunday, February 06, 2011

Eyeshadow: I Look So Good Without You - Jessie James


I have a simple eyeshadow look to share with you all today!

What I Used:
1. Mac Pigment - "Pinked Mauve"

2. Mac Pigment - "Vanilla"

3. Urban Decay - "Twice Baked"




How I applied: 
First, I applied Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion to my entire lid.

Second, I applied "Pinked Mauve" to my entire lid. I just used a basic eyeshadow brush and pat the pigment until my lid was fully covered.

Then, I used a different basic eyeshadow brush and applied a thin layer of "Vanilla" pigment from where "Pinked Mauve" stopped all the way up to my eyebrow. I applied a little more right underneath my eyebrow as a highlight.

Then, I used my finger and applied "Twice baked" to my crease. Don't worry about trying to make it look neat...thats why I used my finger. I just kept applying until I got it to the darkness I desired. Then, I took a basic CLEAN blending eyeshadow brush which looks like this. You can use any brand of brush. My brand wasn't Mac. I'm a college student, I cant afford to have all of the Mac brushes...as much as I wish I could have them all. haha. I think I got my eyeshadow brush set from Target. Anyways, just take the blending brush and blend out the edges and the shadow in the crease. I kept blending in the motion very horizontal to make somewhat of a triangle. I wanted to elongate my eye. You can make it more round, it doesn't matter. You can see what I did in the picture.

Last, I went back with the "Vanilla" pigment and lightly applied some in inner corner of my eye and underneath my lower lash line. You can go back and apply any touchups of "Vanilla" as needed. 
As a sidenote, if you want MORE glitter instead of shimmer with your white shade in this look, I suggest using "Uzi" by Urban Decay (shown below). I suggest using this if you want to use this as a night time look...out on the town. If you want to keep it light and casual for a day-look, just use "Vanilla." 
Optional replacement for "Vanilla"


How I finished off the look:
For eyeliner, I used Mac Fluidline "Blacktrack"

I LOVE this stuff. It is my favorite eyeliner ever. I applied it using Mac 266 Angle Brush. It looks like this. You can use any angled brush, though. I made a medium built line on my lid, forming a cat eye. Like I said, I wanted an elongated look for my eyes. I think the cat eye really set it off. :)

Then, I, of course, used some mascara. In this picture I used Maybelline - The Falsies "Black Drama"
I have been using this mascara for awhile and I really like it. If you like dark, long, and dramatic lashes, DEFINITELY check this mascara out! The only complaint I have is that if you aren't careful, it does tend to clump! Just take your time when applying to get that lovely dramatic effect!

There we go! There is my first Eyeshadow post! I hope you all enjoy this look. You can keep it casual and simple with just 3 colors or you can switch it up and make it perfect for night time with some cat eye liner and dramatic lashes! 

Comment with any questions or concerns. Leave me some feedback/pictures if you try this look! Let me know what you think!

Have a beautiful day and enjoy the Superbowl! Xo

2 comments:

  1. So awesome! I wish I had the patience for something like this. I'd get too frustrated.

    ReplyDelete