Saturday, February 05, 2011

Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice






I decided this winter, after coming home from Washington D.C, that it has just been TOO cold. that being said, I really loved the idea of nails that look like they had just been dipped in water and ice sickles had just frozen on them. I decided that I would try to make this happen, and this is the result. Thoughts??

Heres how I did it:

I painted my entire nail "russian navy" by OPI

I then took white polish by OPI ( i cant remember the name ) and made vertical lines from the tip going down, I did various lengths and had to do this about 4-6 times on each nail for the look I wanted.
After I had let that completely dry, I took this silver glitter polish that I had previously
purchased at hot topic, and just dabbed the brush along the tip of my nail to make it look like it was dusted with snow, and gave it some texture.


***** over all, I'm really happy with the way that they turned out, and lots of people complimented them.. Hope you like 'em too!!

2 comments: