Friday, February 24, 2012

Heavy - Lauri Ylönen

"It's heavy 
but you are not the only one 
who's tired of giving 
afraid of the oblivion 
Could it be that your curse is a bliss? 
But the weight of the world never felt this heavy "


I am so still loving this song even after listening to it A LOT over the past year. The lyrics, the music & Lauri's voice are just amazing. If you've ever seen Lauri, you'll know why I chose one of his songs as the title for this feather mani. He's a bird! LOL :)

Anyway, On to the nails! 

This week I decided to do feather nails! I haven't done these in a while & the first time I did them I followed Summer's tutorial!! They turned out fabulous!  (Of Course!)



I found some pink & turquoise feathers at Hobby Lobby a while back. I didn't just want to put them on a nude background so I used Fly by O.P.I. from their Nicki Minaj Collection & a pink from the Color Club All About Color Collection. (I have looked everywhere & I can't find the name of any of these colors). I of course followed that with Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails top coat & a coat of Seche Vite Rapid Dry Top Coat.


 I did this mani on Sunday & I just took it off tonight. They held up really well even after all the abuse I put them through this week! I hope you all had a great week!! :)


2 comments:

  1. Do you have a link to this tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! I linked it in the post & added it here. :)

    http://www.groupieglam.com/2011/08/bad-news-baby-josiah-lemming-feather.html

    ReplyDelete