Wednesday, February 01, 2012

One year anniversary!

Today is a very special day for us. It's our one year anniversary! One year ago today we got together to make our very own beauty blog. It has been a great year for us. Thanks so much to everyone who has followed us and viewed our posts. We never imagined the amount of support we would get in just one year! We are extremely excited for what is to come in 2012.

  • In honor of our celebration month, Brooke will be our weekly guest poster! Welcome to the team, Brooke! She will be posting every Friday for the month of February.
  • We will start having Music Video Monday posts where we will copy a look from a music video or post a look inspired by a music video. Please, if you have a favorite music video at the moment, leave us a comment!
  • We will have other surprises and special guest posts to post throughout the month which we are not quite ready to announce yet. We can't wait!
  • We have a new logo! The layout will be evolving throughout the month.
Thanks for all of the support. We love you all!
Xo, Summer and Alexis


 
 For this special post we decided to do looks in our blog's color: purple!
-- more after the cut --

Gosh, guys! First of all, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who follows us, comments and tweets us. We love the feedback and it really helps us figure out what you want to see. It's been so fun this year and I can't wait for the things we have coming up. You're going to love them!

 Since our blog color is predominantly been purple, we decided that should be the color of our anniversary look! Anyway - I used Nicole by OPI in Midnight Snow Fall and I layered on a chunky purple glitter from the Color Club Backstage Pass Collection. Simple yet effective! 

Xo, Summer

Once again - I got these colors from my BH Cosmetics 120 Color Palette 2nd Edition. 
My mascara was Maybelline One By One and I used Maybelline New York Eye Studio in Charcoal for my tight-lining of my upper waterline.

Staring to sound like a broken record...but I really have enjoyed posting on this site the past year. I know I'm not a professional at all and my eye shadow is far from perfect...but it's what I love to do! Your kind comments always put a smile on my face. I really do appreciate the views. It inspires me to continue on and strive to improve. Here's to another year!

Xo, Alexis

9 comments:

  1. I love your nails! :)
    And congrats! ;)

    http://katiaswonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple is one of my favorite colors! I love your new layout! And that eye look is super gorgeous! Happy Blogiversary! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE PURPLE!!! I"m excited to see the evolution! Your nails and eyes are gorgeous, too. Happy birthday, Summer and Alexis :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Cami! We appreciate it. I will definitely check out your blog and follow you! :)

    ReplyDelete