Friday, February 03, 2012

Pumpkin Soup - Kate Nash

Hi everyone! I'm so excited to be sharing my nail polish addiction with all of you! I have been an avid nail blog reader for months now. I must admit that reading this wonderful blog & seeing all of the amazing things that Summer and Alexis come up with is how I got the nail polish bug! They are two very talented ladies! I am so honored that they asked me to contribute.

Since it is February & Valentine's is right around the corner, I thought I would do something centered around that theme for this week and next week.

This week's theme is Sweet Hearts. I got the inspiration from those heart shaped candy with the messages that taste like chalky antacids! (The SweetTart kind are my favorite.) I wanted to mix it up and do something different on each nail. I thought my hearts & poka dots came out pretty good. I have to say that it was my first time doing lines free handed & they got a little wobbly. Practice makes perfect though! I also, of course, had to have some glitter!



I used quite a few different polishes for this mani. I recently bought 3 colors from China Glaze's Electropop Collection: Gothic Lolita, Sweet Hook, & Dance Baby. I used 2 Orly colors: Basket Case & White Out. Then 2 colors by Essie: Marshmallow & Turquoise & Caicos. Finally the glitter one is from the Katy Perry O.P.I. Collection: Teenage Dream.




I realize that my post title does not sound like a song for Valentine's but if you listen to it, you'll hear that it has nothing to do with pumpkins or soup. :)

P.S. Be sure to keep reading all February! Lots of great posts coming next week from Alexis and Summer!

4 comments:

  1. Aw thanks for the kind words, Brooke! We're so happy you're contributing! :)

    Love this mani!! The polka dots are my fave - flawless! Great colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, when I first saw the pic I thought... omg! Sweethearts! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Such a cute and fun design!

    I tagged you for the Cute Blog Award.

    ReplyDelete