Sunday, July 17, 2011

Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder

Sorry I have been M.I.A this weekend, I had A LOTTTT to do... mainly.. a baby shower. Which was my FIRST party that I have ever planned for anyone/anything. The theme was Zebra with pink and purple accents. I knew I was going to be doing a lot with my hands.. so I didnt do anything fancy since I was sure that they would chip. and they did. but here is the design I did for the shower. Everyone loved them.. but to me... they are so ehh... I normally do muchhhh better free hand zebra but I did them at work.. and felt rushed.

I really do like the color pink that I used. Im not even sure what it is called since it was a coworkers.. What I do know about it is, that it is from forever 21 and that it smells like cotton candy when it is dry. how fun? sooo fun.
Now onto the baby shower pics - keep in mind that I did this entire baby shower for less than 50 bucks. Below is a picture of the food... which of course is my favveeee part! hahah - the cupcake stand that you see, I actually made. All together it cost me 3 dollars.. and worked like a charm. My sister liked it so much she actually took it home with her. you can also see the wooden 'L' which I bought for 50% off and painted the zebra stripes on.. so cute. also.. the candy paci's I made for like 2 bucks.
The Centerpieces below were made by a family friend, Jennifer. She basically took the picture that I sent her, and duplicated them.. but I actually think they came out BETTER than the picture I had shown her. Theyre made out of diapers so that my sister can actually take them home and use them! The candy has custom labels on them with the baby's full name. I ordered about 100 of each for 3 bucks from ebay!
Everything that I used for the place settings was from the dollar tree - minus the zebra plates that I bought at party city. Everyone raved about them, and my 6 year old brother (asher) helped me set everything up!
Well there it is, my weekend in a nutshell. What do y'all think? Cute righhhht?

6 comments:

  1. Totally cute, I can't believe you spent less than $50!! Amazing! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you @veronica! i loved the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable and fashionable! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A baby shower, how fun! I can see that your nails matched the theme perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete