Saturday, June 04, 2011

Touch My Hand - David Archuleta


For Memorial Day weekend, I went to Myrtle Beach! I went for Mayfest to see the wonderful David Archuleta, of course : ) 

So, the week before, while I was watching the idol finale (congrats Scotty!), I decided to paint my nails to match the dress I had planned for the concert. I could have been boring and just painted my nails purple, but I wanted to try freehand nail art! For the first time EVER..so please be kind. Haha.

Here is a picture of the dress that I wore. 

I used Sally Hansen nail polish. I don't have my polish bag with me so I dont know the names of the colors. I used light purple for the background, dark purple for the stems, white for the flowers, and light pink for the middle of the flower.

I don't have a nail art brush :( So, I took an old bottle of liquid eyeliner, cleaned off the brush and used that instead! It didn't work that well.. but it got the job done. So, i used the eyeliner brush dipped in the dark purple to make the stems. To make the white flower petals and the dot in the middle, I used the dotted end of a bobby pin. Thanks to my mom for that idea :) It worked pretty well.

That's basically all there is to it :) I finished it off with top coat and I was ready for the ocean-front concert! I had so much fun and I received a lot of compliments on my matching nails and dress! I can't wait to try this again and change out the colors. 

Here is my video of "Touch My Hand" from the concert:

P.S - Get ready for my MASSIVE "California Gurls" post coming next week ;) I'm going all out for the Katy Perry concert. I'm going to look like I stepped right out of Candyfornia!

-Alexis 


No comments:

Post a Comment