Sunday, June 12, 2011

California Gurls - Katy Perry

Hellloooo. Alexis, here. Long time, no see! I just returned from the most epic roadtrip of all roadtrips! I traveled to Atlanta to see my idol, KATY PERRY : ) I adore her. So my friend and I decided to dress up like California Gurls from her music video! I thought I'd share my pictures since those costumes were full of glitter, makeup, and candy. So so so much fun to make!


Aren't we cute? Hah.

We both bought wigs from Etsy.com, black shorts, blue tanktops, fake cupcakes from Michaels, glitter paper, glitter, and tons of candy.

I had a ton of fun working on the makeup! I did my makeup routine as usual...I just added emphasis on the eyes to look just like Katy's in the music video. (See picture above) It basically just looks like pure glitter on her eyelids...So i did just that!
I bought Martha Stewart glitter from Michaels. Light blue for my eyes and light pink for Elizabeth's eyes.

First, I put Mac's "Contrast" in my crease. It's a really nice dark navy blue. For the highlight color, I used Urban Decay's "Polyester Bride" under my eyebrow and in the corner of my eyes. Then, I applied a good amount of Urban Decay eyeshadow potion on the lids. Immediately after, I dipped my eyeshadow brush directly into the glitter and applied it straight onto my lids. I waited for the potion to dry and then touched up on the "Contrast." For Elizabeth, I did the same thing except I used Mac's "Nocturnelle" as her crease color. After the glitter dried, I applied Mac's Fluidline "Blacktrack" on top of the glitter in the form of a cat-eye. If I wasn't careful, then I would scrape off some of the glitter. I would add Mac's "Unreally Blue" in the spots where the glitter wouldn't stick. I would use Mac's "Pinkling" in Elizabeth's case. Before I left the house, I applied a little more glitter with potion, careful to not rub off any more glitter. Whenever I added potion, it made the other spots fall off. So I had to be really really careful! Thats why I opted for using blue shadow in spots that were falling off because it wasn't dry yet.

Elizabeth did the rest of her own makeup so I don't have any more pictures of her. But, for me, I used Maybelline's Falsies mascara! I used Mac's StudioFix powder in N5 as my foundation. For my lips, I used Kat Von D's lipstick in "Backstage Bambi." You may remember this from my Demi Lovato post!

For my nails:
I used Sally Hansen's 420 "Pacific Blue"...How appropriate!?! Then, I added OPI's "Last Friday Night"..which is a glitter polish from Katy Perry's collection! Also...very appropriate! I don't have a picture of Elizabeth's nails, nor do I know her base color. It was a light pink color and she used OPI's "Teenage Dream" as her glitter polish!


I had an amazing time! We were asked to take pictures with at least 50 of Katy's fans. SO many people came up to us! It was a ton of fun and Katy put on a great show! Definitely check out the California Dreams tour if she is coming to a city near you! I'll leave you all with some more pictures from my Candyfornia adventure! Xoxo, Alexis










6 comments:

  1. Very cool - glad you had a good time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun post, and a great look, I love Katy Perry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why thank you : ) Yay, another Katy fan! Glad you like the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG looks like you ladies had a ton of fun! That's so cute you guys made the look complete with the cupcakes too! <3 it!

    ReplyDelete